Welcome to the Product Department, the Ravenclaw house of Proto! We're known for curiousity, creativity and individuality when it comes to researching, designing and directing a truly novel user experience with Proto's AICX technology.
This page will share to our strategic-level direction. For tactical direction, visit the following:
The Product Department is structured as follows to enable Proto's product design and development within a competitive, global AI customer experience industry:
- Head of Product. The Head of Product oversees Proto's roadmap, including all product staff direction, as well as AICX platform and HermesAI™ development prioritisation.
- Scrum Master. The Scrum Master executes upon sprint planning and development ticket assignment & tracking per directions from the Head of Product.
- UX/UI Designer. The UX/UI Designer executes upon product research and mockup design tasks per directions from the Head of Product.
Here are the current department leadership and staff members:
Goals & success forecasts
Department leadership will be assessed according to the following goals:
- Primary goal.
- Secondary goal.
Department staff will be assessed according to the following success forecasts:
- First forecast.
- First forecast.
The Marketing Meeting happens weekly with all marketing staff and the Head of Growth. Additionally, other Proto management members and the sales staff are optionally-invited to attend. The sales meeting follows this structure:
- Content, ad & webinar calendar review. A status recap of progress on content, ad & webinar delivery from each marketing staff member.
- Forecast review. A review of current progress against annual and quarterly demo & trial quotas.
- Functional updates. Any updates to funnels, sales collateral, pricing and other information from the Head of Growth.
The Management Meeting happens weekly with the Head of Product and Proto management members.
Demos of the Proto AICX platform will be booked from multiple sources: the website & its chatbot, email campaigns, referral network, resellers and sales staff's personal lead generation. The following should be manually reviewed, prepared and conducted by sales staff:
- Meeting link. HubSpot Meetings setup page for demo bookings by potential clients. This link should be available in signature blocks, the Proto website and its chatbot.
- Sales collateral. HubSpot Documents storage page for decks and one-pagers per each Proto AICX solution. These documents can be sent in emails and used for demos.
- Conducting demos. Example of a successful demo that led to a won deal in the financial vertical. These demos can be further customised with Proto trial system.
- Following-up after demos. All potential clients at demo stage should receive consistent and respectful follow-up if a proposal offer was not approved in the demo. The Sales Playbook will provide specific guidance on successful follow-up tactics.
Proposals can be generated and sent to potential clients after demos. The following should be manually reviewed, prepared and conducted by sales staff:
- Proposal generation from HubSpot. PandaDoc proposals can be directly generated from the HubSpot deal page.
- Choose the correct proposal. The proposal with the correct client type and discount should be selected. After selected this, all deal info will map to the PandaDoc proposal.
- Review, sign and send proposal. Do a manual review of the proposal for accuracy, then sign the sales staff field and send to the client decision maker.
The following Sales Playbooks in HubSpot will be maintained by the Head of Growth and/or Global Sales Manager on quarterly or as-needed basis:
- Global Sales Manager playbook. Tactical directions for hiring, training and guiding the Region Director & Managers and Account Executives for achievement of the annual & quarterly sales forecasts.
- Region Director & Manager playbook. Tactical directions for entering, expanding and winning deals within geographic regions.
- Account Executive playbook. Tactical directions for entering, expanding and winning deals within country(ies) with a capacity gap.
The following sales collateral will be stored and maintained across HubSpot Documents and Webflow on a quarterly or as-needed basis:
- Decks. The Web & Graphics Manager will maintain the decks per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The shareable and source files will be in HubSpot Documents.
- One-Pagers. The Web & Graphics Manager will maintain the one-pagers per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The shareable and source files will be in HubSpot Documents.
- Case studies. The Content Manager will maintain the case studies produced by the CX Department per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The editable case studies will be in Webflow's Editor under the content tab.
- Competitor pages. The Content Manager will create and maintain the competitor pages per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The editable competitor pages will be in Webflow's Editor under the content tab.
- Comparison table. The Content Manager will create and maintain the competitor pages per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The editable comparison table will be in Webflow's Editor under the pricing page.
- Channel features table. The Content Manager will create and maintain the channel feature table per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The editable channel features table will be in Webflow's Editor under the channels page.
- Guides. The Content Manager will create and maintain the guides per the direction of the Head of Growth and/or Growth Manager. The editable guides will be in Webflow's Editor under the content tab.
These automations exist to remove repetitive manual processes. Click on the links to manage the software or contact the Head of Growth for access:
- Reminder emails & viewership. Pandadoc email sequence will send reminders to the potential client to sign the proposal. The proposal viewership can be tracked within Pandadoc. Frequent viewership indicates to sales staff that the proposal is desirable and they should stay engaged with the potential client.
- Signed proposals to Google Drive. Zapier integration for signed sales proposals to send from Pandadoc to Google Drive (Proto Mgmt > Proto Data Room > Material Agreements > Client Agreements).
- Signed reseller agreements to Google Drive. Zapier integration for signed resellers agreements to send from Pandadoc to Google Drive (Proto Mgmt > Proto Data Room > Material Agreements > Reseller Agreements).
- Signed deployment agreements to Google Drive. Zapier integration for signed deployment agreements to send from Pandadoc to Google Drive (Proto Mgmt > Proto Data Room > Material Agreements > Client Agreements).
- Trial signups as trial stage deals in HubSpot. Custom integration for trial accounts in the Proto AICX platform to be sent to HubSpot Sales Pipeline as new deals at trial stage. The deal owner will be Team Proto until a sales staff member takes ownership, usually based upon geographic location.
- Trial signup announcement in Slack. HubSpot integration for new trial stage deals to be announced in Slack (Growth channel).
- Trial expiries as lead stage deals in HubSpot. Custom integration for trial accounts in the Proto AICX platform that expire upon 14 days with no upgrade to revert from trial to lead stage in the HubSpot pipeline.
- Website signup to lead stage deals in HubSpot. Zapier integration for reseller signups in Webflow website to be sent to HubSpot Reseller Pipeline as new deals at lead stage.
- Growth Dashboard.
R&D objectives and your goals
- Primary goal. Develop a comprehensive understanding of all technical aspects of the Proto AICX platform.
- Secondary goal. Contribute high quality code with minimal QA issues.
- Annual success metrics. Ability to take ownership over the tasks that have been assigned to you and to mentor new members of the team.
- Quarterly success metrics. Consistent contribution of quality code.
At Proto, we run two-week development sprints. A sprint will start on Monday and end of the Friday of the next week. The team works together to complete a set amount of tasks and deliver a production-ready release at the end of the sprint. Please see the schedule below.
Monday - Sprint planning meeting
Tuesday - Development
Wednesday - Development
Thursday - Development
Friday - Development
Monday - Sprint checkpoint
Tuesday - Development
Wednesday - Development
Thursday - Development
Friday - Sprint retrospective
Monday - Release to staging
Tuesday - Quality assurance testing
Wednesday - Quality assurance testing
Thursday - Quality assurance testing
Friday - Release to production
Your first week at Proto
- You'll receive your credentials to Proto company accounts
- Your buddy will reach out and connect with you. Get to know them and let them get to know you!
- Get your dev environment set up
- Join your first developer standup meeting
- Review the software development process
- Check out ongoing sprint work and review some of the current merge requests on Gitlab
- You'll be paired up with team member to learn and assist with ongoing project development
- You'll meet with the CTO and learn more about the platform and roadmap
- Explore the Proto AICX platform
- 1 on 1 meeting will be booked with your supervisor to checkin on how your first week is going
- Understand each repo’s structure and patterns
- Following the development process you'll start work on your first individual assignment
- You'll submit first (draft) merge request for review
- Make at least one (1) code contribution per week;
- Understand the team's processes (meetings, git workflow, code review, testing, deployment, etc.); and,
- Make a documentation contribution.
- Understand what is required to perform at an exceptional-level and meet those requirements;
- Research and practice one of your weakest competencies;
- Read one technical book/course relevant to your role;
- Comfortable navigating all parts of the codebase; and,
- Complete at lease one medium-sized task.
- Comfortable picking up engineering tasks of any size; and,
- Discuss progress with manager.